Jeff Hersch provides analog collages for the modern being. Like his thoughts, these pieces are often constructed in short, frantic spurts of energy, with bursts of self-doubt, though calm and subtle. Also like his thoughts, these pieces represent everyday observations and conclusions about the vast world that erratically suffocates us, with little time for a quick escape or chance to relax, as we are currently inhabiting an advanced state of infinite stimulus.
His works lend themselves to your own interpretation of meaning – if any – but should also serve as inspiration and demonstrate the simple notion that you too can and should create something/anything on a regular basis.
When he’s not hunched over his desk cutting and gluing clippings, Hersch finds the time to play in bands (Glazer, Civic Mimic, Postman Agitator) and volunteer as the executive director of Flemington DIY, a non-profit community arts space in the town he grew up in.
- July 2022: Dreams in Color Solo Exhibit, Gallery on West, Somerville, NJ
- September 2021: Highland Park Window Art Walk, Highland Park, NJ, featured piece: Indebted to Credit
- March 2021: Hodgepodge Mirage: A Focus on Collage (virtual), Flemington DIY, Flemington, NJ
- February 2021: Eros and the Anatomy of Desire at The Art Parlour, Frenchtown, NJ
- November 2019: Index Art Center, Newark, NJ
- May 2019: ‘Infinite Stimulus’ Group Show at Flemington DIY, Flemington, NJ
- December 2021: Suburban Paranoia, Serene Surveillance, and Can’t Sleep, New Delta Review Mag Issue 12.1, Online
- November 2021: Eye of Invention, Antithesis Journal Vol. 31: Defy, Online+Print
- June 2021: Virus (2), Barzakh Magazine Issue #13 Spring 2021, Online
- August 2020: Exercise Series, The Pig #3 by State Champion Records, Print
- July 2020: A Warning to the Mind I & II, and America Online, Fearsome Critters Vol. 3, Online+Print
- June 2020: A Warning to the Mind and Focus Pocus, The William and Mary Review Vol. 58, Online+Print
- June 2020: Time to Smile, Levitate Literary Magazine #4, Print
- May 2020: Watering Hole, After Happy Hour Review Spring 2020 Issue, Online+Print
- April 2020: Splitting Headache and Sky High Pizza Pie, Sonder Midwest Issue #5 Online+Print
- December 2019: Untitled, Gulf Stream Lit Mag Issue #24 Online Edition
- December 2019: Latest Stimulants (4 pieces), The Esthetic Apostle Online Edition